Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Hooker is In!

You know how they say that things always happen for a reason. I have always been a firm believer in that sentiment (and that it all comes out in the wash, which I guess is pretty much the same thing?!). Anyway, my mom and I experienced grave disappointment upon discovering that the college instructor strike in Ontario would preclude us from enjoying our biweekly massage at Fleming College! After confirming that in fact NO ONE was going to rub us down, we proceeded to Chapters, our usual post-massage destination, and sat with our Starbucks and chatted, flipping through magazines. When it was time to go, we took a quick stroll to the crochet section to see if there was anything new. Its been a while since anything new appeared on the shelf, I was absolutely delighted to see Debbie Stoller sitting on the second shelf in all her funky glory! And because I hadn't spent the money for the massage I could afford to finally get my copy of the Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker.
After returning home, I pulled out the 5-drawer wheeled cabinet where I keep my stash, pulled out two skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in light fuschia and proceeded to make the YeeHaw Lady, the cowboy hat pictured on the cover. I finished it in two days and my daughter loves it! I'm definately going to make another for myself and I can't wait to try another pattern, if for no other reason that to deplete my stash!

No comments: