Thursday, February 05, 2009

Catching Up

Well, I got a digital camera for my birthday. Ah, I know...only now do you have a digital camera, you say? Shit, that is simply the plight of any middle-class parent. My daughter has had a digital camera for over a year, and actually had the audacity to ask for a new one when she thought it was broken!

Anyway, I've taken some pics of some past knitting and want to catch up the blog with them.

So, let's start with the least recent.

My brother-in-law managed to get his hands on some vintage knitting books (back when I was only doing crochet). This was one of them...
I was so enamoured with this pattern...
that I couldn't help but teach myself to knit. I really only wanted to make the pants (the jacket just seemed too daunting at the time). This was also before I was even pregnant with my little man. And considering the fact that I had no interest in doing the 'gender' ultrasound, I think it was fortuitous that I made these in Bernat's Baby Coordinates in Sky. They turned out perfectly, although they failed to inspire me to finish the rest of the outfit.
A close-up shows the soft boucle of the yarn; its kinky and entwined with a sparkling white thread. It's great to work with; so soft, silky and warm.
The pants are great and are just fitting him now (at 12mos), so he'll be able to wear out the rest of this winter in them.
I'll be posting some other pieces in the next few days, so stay tuned!

No comments: