Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Seamless Kimono Sweater

I have wanted to do a sweater like this for some time and finally found exactly the pattern that I wanted in the Seamless Kimono Sweater at the Complete Fabrication. You can check out my Ravelry page to see my progress, but here are some pictures so far...
I am almost done the first sleeve, and as much as I hate using DPNs I am finding this a little better than my sock endeavour. I'm pulling tight on the first and last stitch of each needle to erase the ladders and that's helping. I am the most excited because when I'm done I won't have to sew anything up! Ah, the seamlessness!I wanted to have a roomier sweater and one that had a bit of a tunic feel, so I made a 2stitch increase at each side, every 9 rows. Then, when I got to the hem part, I divided the sweater onto 2 separate circular needles, knitting the front and back separately, so that there was a side slit...making it more tunic-like.The hem is a little different than the original pattern...I knit & purled so that the purl stitches showed on the outside for 2 stitches on the first row, 4 for the next 4 rows, then all the way across for 4 rows, then a knit row, then cast off.Can't wait to be finished!



No comments: