Saturday, October 23, 2010

Its Worth the Drive

I spent last night in Campbellford and this morning mom and I took the trek down to Picton.  My folks had been a couple of months back and had found a yarn shop that she knew I'd love.

Rose Haven Farm Store sounds like feed and manure, but the shop is to die for...
It took my breath away when we walked in and I didn't know where to start.  So I took out my camera and the woman working the shop (the owner was at the Creativ Festival) was gracious enough to let me snap away.  So many wonderful yarns to choose from, as well as tons of finished items, made by employees and local crafters.
 They also have a great selection of books and magazines.

 Then she informed us that they also have a basement.  They do workshops and lessons and have a great selection of roving and...

 a bargain corner.
I finally settled on a couple of skeins of Mirasol Sulka, for a cowl for a teacher I work for.  She's an Anne of Green Gables red head and I know this chunky, green, merino and alpaca blend will suit her just fine.

No comments: